Well, my little girl turned one today. :D
This year has gone by SO fast... it just amazes me. Although she's toddling and talking, I still think of her as my little baby... which she definitely isn't anymore. She's 30" tall & just under 20lbs. She LOVES reading, and even if we're not reading aloud to her, she'll sit & flip through her books. She's eating mostly table foods now, finishing up the last few baby food jars, and we're down to usually one bottle during the night. She was almost bottle-free, until she got sick in January & quit taking foods & fluids. That's when we started giving her a bottle again. Oh, well. She'll be off again soon.
Her birthday has been so much fun, even though we had to cancel her little "party" we had planned. Craig & I both got ill the same weekend we had another big snowstorm, and that was supposed to be our weekend to get ready for her party. There was just no way to still have it. So, we waited & on Monday (the 15th), we gave her our present (some baby-hand-sized books & an Elmo toothbrush & toothpaste) & her cake. You can see from the pictures that she had a great time. She was SUCH a mess! Hee hee! :)
Today, her actual birthday, she spent at daycare with her little friends. I let her sleep in a little bit & then took her over, and she was talking & drinking her sippy of milk the whole way. She has a little sing-songy voice she "talks" with when she's happy, and that's all I heard the whole way to school. To announce birthdays at daycare, she makes a birthday sign on her front storm door with wet erase markers. Then, they have cake / cupcakes & the kids sing Happy Birthday (which they said Ashton just LOVED- such a ham!), and the birthday kid gets to pick out a gift from the toy box. She chose "My Pretty Learning Purse" that comes with lipstick, bracelet, mirror, money, and keys. The purse itself plays music & stuff. She fell in love with the lipstick already.
I don't know which of us have grown more over the last year... Ashton's growth is more obvious, but Craig & I have both learned quite a few invaluable lessons. There's just SO much you really can't prepare for with a baby, no matter how many hours you spend researching on the internet, reading books or talking to other parents. I'm not sure how many times over the last year I used the phrase, "I'm making this up as I go," or "I don't REALLY know what I'm doing." Haha. I still don't really know what I'm doing... I seriously am still making it up as I go along. Even now, when I think i know what's going on, something changes. I'm not quite as clueless as I used to be, but it's still new waters for me. I'm just getting better at adapting, that's all. :)
So, AJB's been in bed for a while already... and mama's getting tired, too. I have some MD appointments tomorrow, so we'll see how #2's growing then. I'm still on bed rest and plan to be until this kiddo's born... which feels like forever away, although I know it's not.

No comments:
Post a Comment