It's been brought to my attention that I'm a terrible blogger... so, in order to remedy that, I'm going to attempt to post more. We'll see how that works. I have TONS of pictures to post. The girls are getting so big. I'm really not sure where I left off (I'm sending this from an email to my blog). Ashton's now 17 months old. She's just gotten interested in walking [finally!], although she has yet to take a few steps on her own. At least she's tall enough that I don't have to bend too far to hold her hands. :) She'll walk soon, I'm not worried. Emma's going on 12 weeks already. Baby's growing FAST! She's a wonderful sleeper- she's slept through the night for a few weeks now. (Thank the Good Lord!) So, mommy & daddy are getting to catch up a little bit on sleep, too.
We went up to Pittsburgh last weekend, and we had a great time. The girls did wonderfully with all the "new" people- the family they haven't seen in a while (or not at all for Emma). They were exhausted by the time we got home- slept most of the way back (which took 8 hours, thanks to construction & stuff), and a good chunk of Wednesday. I'm so proud of them- they were really great. :) Although we did have some mishaps... like at the pool when Ashton's swim diaper over-flowed & she peed all over Amber... or then later at the pool when she puked all over Amber... or when I was showering her off at the pool & then she peed all over Amber's towel when I was drying her off... *sigh* poor Aunt Amber.
Speaking of whom, Amber & Dan were an amazing help all weekend! They came over early in the am to help with the girls so Craig & I could get ready to go, and Amber worked as a great replacement for me whenever I was unavailable to comfort Ashton or cushion her so she could sleep or whatever. Conveniently, she looks like me... :) Haha.
Ashton, Craig & I got our haircut on Saturday- we had a blast at the salon & Aunt Rose did an awesome job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my haircut- SO much easier, though not too much shorter. I think it's great. Ashton did great for her haircut- she was very good, in my arms, while Rose trimmed her hair. So, no more hair in her eyes! Yay! She looks adorable, too.
Emma's getting so big already! She's holding her head up & "talking" a LOT. She LOVES watching her big sister- one of her favorite things is to lay on the floor and watch Ashton play. Ashton then comes over & kisses Emma on the forehead. Thankfully, Ashton has quit hitting her intentionally... unless I'm occupied with Emma & Ashton wants my attention, of course.
Craig's been home with the girls for the summer, and he's been such an awesome daddy. <3 I'm so proud of him. Taking care of two babies isn't easy, but he's doing so well. I think he'll be glad when school starts in September, though. ;)
Otherwise, I'm back to working full-time... which has been ok. I changed my schedule for the summer, so I work 6:30-3, so I can help Craig in the afternoons. Ashton still goes to bed rather early, so it's nice to get to see her in the afternoon & have some play time.
Well, I'm going to add some current pictures here, so I'm going to quit typing now.
:o)
1 comment:
It was so great to see you all and to meet Emma! I didn't know that all that happened to Aunt Amber....what a good aunt she is! and it was good practice for her!! BTW, the "captcha" to allow me to post this comment is: ambre!!! REALLY, IT IS!!
Post a Comment