Ugh. I'm sure I have a sinus infection (I'll see my MD this afternoon & start some antibiotics), but I think Ashton's incubating something, too. I'm taking her to see the pediatrician in a little while. She's been SO grumpy! Usually I can cheer her up, but the last couple of days, she's been nearly inconsolable. She's very irritable, which is completely unlike her. I was thinking it was just a phase, but now I'm concerned she has an ear infection or another sinus infection brewing. We'll see in a bit.
Otherwise, she's growing up... a lot! She LOVES to turn light switches off, so Craig & I have agreed she's a little "green baby." Haha. :o) I inadvertently trained her to do it... the first time she played with the switch in the kitchen, I praised her for turning them off. Now, she does it every chance she gets. There's worse things I could accidentally teach her.
I'm so amazed by her growth- physical & mental. She's able to climb up to standing & then sort of shuffle along holding onto things. She'll be walking very soon, I'm sure. She's remembering toys & games & books. She has a few favorite books- I'm really trying to read to her as much as possible. A few times in the evening, we'll sit & read, and she has a couple bath books, too, so we'll read in the bath even. I think "Daisy Duck" is the current favorite... but I'm not sure if it's because I made up a tune to the words or because she likes the big yellow duck!
I think one of my favorite things about being a mom is seeing her face when I get home from work, and putting her to bed at night. She is SO happy to see me when I get home. It makes it all worthwhile. Her little face just lights up & she bounces up and down in her high chair (she's usually just finished dinner with daddy when I come in). And although she'll go to sleep relatively easily at night, I have such a hard time putting her down. I want to just sit & rock her all night. There really is nothing like a sleeping baby cuddled in your arms.
Well, I need to get this sick baby off to the doctor, so if I get the chance (don't hold your breath for it!), I'll add some more later. I have some cute new pics to share, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment